Chef's hats & forage hats
Chef's hats and shuttles for single use are very hygienic headwear for kitchens, catering and food processing. They hold back hair and absorb drops of sweat. Paper shuttles and chef's hats are sustainable and individually adjustable to any head size.
Chef's hats - hygienic headwear for the catering industry.
The chef's hat is the trademark of every cook and simply belongs in the professional kitchen. But a chef's hat is not only a nice tradition. The headwear also has very practical reasons: First and foremost, it's about hygiene in the kitchen. As everywhere where food is handled and dishes are prepared, the staff must wear special hygiene clothing - from head to toe. In the catering industry, it is especially important to wear hygienic headwear. It is required by law and also by the HACCP guideline.
Franz Mensch is a specialist in hygienic clothing and disposable products. Of course, here in our online store you will find a wide range of hygienic disposable chef's hats that meet the highest standards - and also fit into your budget planning.
Chef's hats are ideal for the kitchen. Because especially in the catering kitchen it is hot. Anyone who has spent several hours at the stove, grill or oven knows how quickly you start to sweat. A chef's hat absorbs the sweat from the forehead and prevents it from dripping into the eyes and onto the food. Therefore, it is important that the chef's hat is made of a particularly absorbent material and is very skin-friendly. This way, your kitchen staff will be happy about a particularly high wearing comfort. Nice side effect: a chef's hat keeps the hair back and prevents the proverbial "hair in the soup".
Traditionally, you can also tell by the height of the chef's hat, the rank of the person wearing it. In this way, the chef's hat distinguishes the chef from the sous chefs, apprentices and kitchen assistants.
Disposable chef's hats vs. cloth chef's hats: disposable has a clear advantage
Disposable chef's hats are worn much more frequently in the modern kitchen than cloth chef's hats. This is mainly for hygienic reasons. Because with disposable products, you can be sure of always having a fresh, hygienic product on hand. But there is even more to be said for disposable chef's hats:
- no time-consuming washing necessary
- can be changed immediately in case of heavy use
- size can be individually adjusted, fits any head size, no need to stock different sizes
The range of chef's hats at Franz Mensch
- EUROPA-KOCHMÜTZE: the original chef's hat is only available from Franz Mensch, made of special absorbent paper, excellent for hot kitchens
- Chef's hats LE GRAND CHEF made of viscose fleece: very high quality chef's hat, soft and breathable material, first class look for kitchen and banquet
- EXCELLENT chef's hats: available in white or black, made of absorbent special crepe paper
- VARIABLE chef's hats: made of double special crepe paper, also available without creased edge for a particularly beautiful, cluets
- Chef's hat LE CHEF: simple version, made of paper with integrated sweatband
The materials - a quick selection guide for chef hats
Disposable chef's hats are usually made of one of the following four materials:
- Embossed paper chef's hats: very inexpensive and simple, more recommended for short periods of wear
- Crepe paper chef's hats: very light and air-permeable, more absorbent and snug than paper chef's hats
- Cook's hats made of absorbent paper: special paper from Franz Mensch, particularly absorbent, holds even when wet, ideal for the hot kitchen, works like an absorbent headband
- Chef's hats made of viscose fleece: the luxury version among the chef's hats, textile quality, almost feels like fabric, very elegant, for high demands, very absorbent and high quality
Excursus: The history of the chef's hat
The Frenchman Marie-Antoine Carême is considered the inventor of the chef's hat. Initially, it was customary in the kitchen to wear a white cap in the shape of a balloon, which hung rather limply on the head. When Carême cooked for the Congress of Vienna in 1821, he found that his cap did not look good enough. So he stabilized the inside of the cap with a stiff paper ring and the chef's hat stood up steeply like a chimney. Today's shape of the chef's hat was invented. Even today, the chef's hat "crowns" the cook and must convince both visually and practically. Franz Mensch has been a specialist in disposable chef's hats for over 40 years. Benefit from this expertise and order your chef's hats and other headwear from Franz Mensch. Our team will be happy to advise you and provide you with an individual offer. Simply call +49 8241 / 9633-0 or send an e-mail to email@example.com..
Forage for bakers and gastro-professionals from Franz Mensch
The shuttle provides hygienic head protection in both the catering and food processing industries. It holds back hair and absorbs drops of sweat. Professionals especially appreciate disposable shuttles. They are more hygienic than cotton shuttles and are particularly light and comfortable to wear. The materials used in HYGOSTAR shuttles are extra high quality. First-class papers ensure good ventilation of the scalp and reduce sweating. Especially the shuttles made of special crepe paper are very absorbent and keep the forehead reliably dry.
Another advantage: the shuttles can be adjusted to any head size. This saves you complicated purchasing and time-consuming storage of several sizes. It couldn't be simpler.
Forages are typical headwear for bakers and confectioners. But employees also like to wear shuttles in commercial kitchens, food processing, catering and at sales counters. The shuttle in the classic white color is particularly popular. It stands for cleanliness and shows your customers immediately: Here we work hygienically!
- EXPRESS forage made of special crepe paper, very absorbent and breathable, available in white with red trim, white with blue trim or all white, can also be ordered in a particularly economical economy pack.
- Forage SERVICE made of embossed or unembossed/smooth paper, available in three colour variants: classic white, white with red or blue decorative edge.
- Forage SERVICE BLACK made of embossed paper, in trendy black color, with integrated headband against staining and sweating.
- PROFI forage made of PP fleece, especially light and airy, textile quality.
Forage as your individual advertising medium
Forage are ideal advertising media and can be printed super cheap. The HYGOSTAR forage are made of first-class papers, on which your logo or advertising message will be shown to advantage. Ask today for your personal printing offer. Our team of consultants will be happy to assist you. Simply call +49 8241 / 9633-0.
Tip: Matching dispensers for paper forage
Bring even more order and hygiene to your bakery or kitchen. With the matching dispensers for headwear, hoods and forage are always hygienically stored and ready to hand at any time. No leftover packaging in production, no searching for the right product. With a professional dispenser system, everything has its place. For paper forage, Franz Mensch offers a choice of two wall holders:
- Dispenser for forage: made of stainless steel, shuttles are placed directly in the dispenser and can be removed individually.
- Dispenser for shuttles and hoods VARIABLE: holder made of stainless steel, can be variably adjusted to different packages, shuttles can be taken out of the perforation opening of the package individually.