Disposable gloves made of polyethylene (PE) are particularly cheap and ideal for short wearing times. They are also food-safe and ideal for hygiene protection and protection against liquids. PE gloves are used in food processing, veterinary medicine or at petrol stations as diesel gloves.
PE gloves from Franz Mensch
Disposable gloves made of PE are an inexpensive hygiene solution and particularly versatile. PE gloves are made of so-called polyethylene. Polyethylene is a thermoplastic and can be processed into all imaginable shapes. Besides gloves, overshoes, aprons or bin liners are also made of PE. Buy your PE gloves directly from the manufacturer Franz Mensch - simply order here in the shop.
There are three types of PE, which differ in their material density and thus also in their properties:
- LDPE (Low Density): LDPE is soft, stretchy and flexible. It feels denser than HDPE and hardly rustles.
- HDPE (High Density) is stiffer and more abrasion resistant than LDPE. HDPE rustles when you move it. HDPE material can be produced very economically and thinly. Therefore, products made of HDPE are very inexpensive. Typical HDPE products are the diesel gloves at the petrol station.
All PE materials are ideal for hygienic areas. The great advantages of PE are that it is food safe, tasteless, very inexpensive and recyclable. PE gloves are suitable for low-risk areas and short periods of use.
Areas of application for polyethylene gloves:
- as diesel gloves at the petrol station
- at sales counters to touch fruit or pastries
- for food distribution, for a hygienic distribution of the food
- at self-service stations to touch the food
- for rinsing and cleaning work
- in the food processing and meat industry
- as hygiene gloves in the kitchen
- in medical areas, e.g. in nursing or for veterinarians
Clever detail: The structure of the surface on PE gloves
Disposable PE gloves differ not only in material density (LDPE, HDPE) but also in their surface properties. As a glove professional, Franz Mensch has both smooth polyethylene gloves and variants with a hammered surface.
- Advantage smooth surface: very hygienic, washable, soft feel, stretchable.
- Advantage of hammered surface: improved grip, comfortable to wear as glove rests against the skin in fewer places, feels more airy.
Advantages of PE gloves at a glance:
- very favourable
- odourless and tasteless
- skin-friendly, as latex-free
- loose fit
Compared to other disposable gloves such as latex gloves or nitrile gloves, polyethylene gloves provide a lower protective barrier against chemical, biological or mechanical hazards. PE gloves are ideal for short periods of wear in low-risk hygiene areas.
Even more hygiene with the right dispenser
PE disposable gloves from Franz Mensch are hygienically packed in a dispenser box or a hygiene bag (also available blocked). As accessories, you can get matching wall holders and stainless steel dispensers here in the shop, which ensure clean storage. At the same time, the gloves are always ready to hand at the place of use.
New generation of PE gloves
At Franz Mensch you will find two special materials in addition to the classic LDPE or HDPE gloves:
- TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomers), a material with silicone-like qualities. It is odourless, free of plasticisers and silicone and offers good elasticity and strength.
- CPE (Cast Polyethylene), a material that is very skin-friendly, free of alkylphenols, silicone and latex. The specially roughened material (acts like an air cushion) does not lie on the hand and provides an airy effect for the skin. It can breathe better and stays dry longer.