Bio coffee cups
Here you will find compostable coffee cups, drinking cups for cold drinks and ice cream cups from NatureStar. The organic cups are sustainable, made of natural materials and also available as FSC®-certified versions. You can also order matching lids, napkins, stirrers and cup holders.
Organic coffee cups and accessories
The environmentally friendly choice for enjoying to go coffee
In today's world, coffee is indispensable for many people. Whether on the way to work, while shopping or travelling: Good coffee provides an energy boost and increases well-being. Especially those who want to take their coffee with them need a drinking cup to transport their favourite beverage. The requirements are high: it has to be stable and leak-proof, well insulating so that you don't burn your fingers and, of course, the coffee cup to go has to be disposed of responsibly after the last sip. Especially the environmental aspect is a challenge and should be decisive for your purchase of disposable cups. Consciously buy organic coffee cups and compostable coffee cups for your takeaway area to act more sustainably. Since the early 2010s, Franz Mensch has been developing to-go cups that reconcile all these demands:
- hygienic, since disposable
- sustainable from renewable raw materials
- recyclable or compostable to reduce waste
- high-quality, multi-layer paper with good insulating properties
- natural coatings against softening, for maximum stability
- wide range of accessories: tight-fitting lids, straws, stirrers, napkins, cup holders and more
What are organic coffee cups?
Organic drinking cups are disposable cups made from environmentally friendly and sustainable materials. These organic to-go cups are made from natural raw materials such as paper, sugar cane or corn starch. Unlike conventional plastic cups or disposable paper cups with plastic coating, organic coffee cups are an environmentally conscious alternative. Many organic cups comply with EN 13432 and are industrially compostable.
The use of bio-materials for coffee-to-cups reduces the use of fossil resources such as petroleum and significantly minimises environmental impact. These bio-cups are biodegradable, which means that under suitable conditions they can decompose over time and be converted into natural components without leaving harmful residues.
All organic coffee cups at a glance:
- Disposable cup 500ml for cold drinks made of PLA/corn starch
- Organic cup transparent made of PLA/corn starch, various sizes
- Compostable coffee cups made from sugar cane or kraft paper
- Paper coffee cup with natural PLA coating, biodegradable
Accessories for organic coffee cups - for hygienic and clean transportation
- Cup sleeve made of cardboard, ideal for hot drinks to protect fingers from heat
- Lids made of PLA/corn starch, sugar cane or cardboard, biodegradable and available in many variants
- Cup holder as sugar cane for two organic cups or large for four organic cups
- Wooden sticks for stirring coffee, smoothies and more
Compostable coffee cups: A sustainable disposal solution
Compostable coffee cups are an advanced version of organic cups. These cups can be composted after use, helping to reduce waste. They are an excellent choice for environmentally conscious coffee lovers. Compostable drinking cups are plastic-free and comply with EN 13432 for industrial compostability.
Can disposable paper cups be recycled?
Conventional disposable paper cups are often difficult to recycle because of their coated surface. As a result, many of them end up in landfills or even in nature, where they take decades to decompose. To prevent this, Franz Mensch has developed more environmentally friendly alternatives that either do not need a coating at all or have a water-based seal. Organic cups made of sugar cane are purely made of natural materials and are plastic-free. They are industrially compostable and, according to the regulations of EN 13432, decompose within 3 months. Alternatively, the Only Paper coffee mug is available here in the shop and can be easily recycled via waste paper.