Find here a large selection of napkins for professional use in gastronomy, hotel and restaurant. Franz Mensch offers paper napkins in many colours, folds and sizes. You can also order sustainable organic napkins made from recycled material at low prices here. Particularly clever: napkins with matching dispenser system.
Napkins for gastro professionals:
Cloth or disposable napkins? What sizes of napkins are there and what types of folding are available on the market? Find out everything about the practical helpers in the catering trade: from napkin holders to tips on buying napkins.
Napkins in the catering trade: functionality meets aesthetics
Napkins are of great importance in the catering industry. They are not only used to wipe one's hands, but are also an important design element on the table setting. Restaurants often choose special napkins that match their style and ambience to offer guests a holistic experience. At Franz Mensch, you can therefore buy disposable napkins and paper napkins in numerous colours. From Christmas red to cheerful yellow to festive white: all colours for all occasions are available here in the shop.
Overview: Your choice of napkins
Napkins come in a variety of designs and materials. Here are some of the common types of napkins:
- Lunch napkins are the classic in medium size. Lunch napkins have a size of 33 x 33 cm and are available either folded in portrait format (1/8 fold) or square (1/4 fold).
- Dinner napkins are the large napkins in 40 x 40 cm format. Like the Classic dinner napkins, they are available in portrait format (1/8 fold) or square format (1/4 fold).
- Cocktail napkins: These small paper napkins, measuring 24 x 24 cm, are ideal as coasters for drinks. They enhance cocktails and other drinks as decoration and at the same time absorb condensation on the glass - for clean drinking pleasure.
- Cutlery napkins are a napkin and decorative cutlery bag in one and enable hygienic and time-saving table setting. The cutlery napkins are easy to prepare and can be filled with cutlery as desired.
- Organic napkins made of recycled paper are also available in 1/4 fold or 1/8 fold. They are sustainably produced and made of FSC®-certified material.
- Dispenser napkins are small paper napkins that fit neatly into a napkin dispenser. The dispensers are ideal if your guests are to take the napkins themselves. The napkins are folded in such a way that the beginning of the next napkin is always ready to hand when they are taken out.
Disposable napkins: practical and hygienic
Disposable napkins are a hygienic choice for everyday use in professional catering. They are available in different sizes and designs and are perfect for restaurants, snack bars, events and much more. A great advantage of disposable napkins is their hygiene, as they can be easily disposed of after use.
Materials from which napkins are made
Most napkins are made of cellulose and are more commonly referred to as paper napkins. Cellulose is made from plant matter and is therefore a sustainable choice - free from plastic and chemicals. Disposable paper or cellulose napkins are available in a variety of options. Choose between 1-ply, 2-ply or 3-ply. Basically, the more layers a napkin has, the more absorbent it is. The cleaning performance of a 3-ply napkin is therefore higher than that of a 1-ply one. However, if you want to keep the price as low as possible or use less material, 2-ply or 1-ply napkins are the way to go.
Another material for disposable napkins is airlaid. Airlaid is a textile-like material and, at first glance, hardly distinguishable from real cloth napkins. Airlaid napkins are soft, absorbent, durable, colourfast and of high quality.
Paper napkins: Versatile and colourful
Paper napkins are available in a wide range of colours and patterns and are perfect for different occasions. Whether it's a birthday party, wedding or corporate event, paper napkins add a festive atmosphere to your table.
In the catering industry, disposable napkins are an excellent choice to ensure cleanliness. Make sure they are easily accessible so guests can quickly grab them.
Napkins in the waste paper? In which waste do used napkins belong?
After use, napkins belong in the residual waste and not in the waste paper, as they are contaminated with food residues and dirt, which makes recycling difficult. Please refer to the specific recycling and waste disposal regulations that apply in your region.
Napkins are more than just practical items for wiping hands. They contribute to the table decoration, add style and elegance to the table and are indispensable in the catering industry. Whether you choose classic paper napkins or sustainable organic ones, they all have their own charm and uses. Choose the ones that best suit your ambience and enjoy an appealing table setting that will impress your guests.