Vinyl gloves have two distinct advantages: they are cheap and have good skin compatibility. Compared to other disposable gloves, they have a looser fit. Vinyl stands for the shortened name of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The material is latex-free, smooth and has a pleasantly soft surface.
Vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch
Vinyl disposable gloves are made of a latex-free, moldable plastic. Vinyl is the abbreviated name for polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Vinyl gloves are ideal for anyone looking for an inexpensive glove while accepting small sacrifices in fit and comfort. Vinyl is solid in its original form and especially completely free of latex. This makes vinyl gloves very kind to the skin. Important: Vinyl is not suitable for contact with fatty or oily foods.
At Franz Mensch you will find various vinyl gloves - always at the favorable manufacturer's price.
- white or blue vinyl gloves
- powder-free or powdered vinyl gloves
- Standard length or extra long with 30 cm for protection beyond the wrist
- all common sizes: Vinyl gloves in M, L, S, XL, XXL
- Price Tip: vinyl gloves Ideal Fit made of very light material and ideal if the gloves need to be changed frequently - the cheapest vinyl glove on the market.
In summary: Properties of vinyl gloves
- latex-free and therefore very skin-friendly
- very good value - ideal for a high demand
- smooth, pleasant surface
- milky-transparent, slightly translucent look
- suitable for non-greasy foods
- loose fit
- less stretchable than latex or nitrile
- less durable than latex or nitrile
Vinyl disposable gloves are made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC for short). PVC is a solid plastic that must first be softened before it can be processed into gloves. So-called plasticizers (phthalates) are used for this purpose. Without them it does not work. Vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch, however, are deliberately free of harmful types of plasticizers such as DOP (dioctyl phthalate) and DEHP (diethylhexyl phthalate).
Vinyl gloves for food?
Yes, but not with oil and grease. The plasticizers they contain are the reason why vinyl gloves are only approved for contact with non-oily and non-greasy foods. Fats could dissolve the plasticizers and contaminate the food. Therefore, vinyl gloves are recommended for food contact only with non-greasy foods. For working with cheese, meat, sausage, fish, etc., it is better to use disposable latex or nitrile gloves.
Applications for vinyl gloves
Vinyl gloves, thanks to their low price, are ideal if you consume large quantities of gloves. Cheap vinyl gloves are easy on your budget if the gloves are changed frequently or worn only briefly.
They are a very good choice in the following areas of activity:
- Patient care and medical areas: The soft surface also makes the vinyl examination gloves comfortable for patients during skin contact.
- Kitchen: Vinyl gloves support hygiene when preparing food
- Sorting work: Vinyl gloves are useful when sorting food, as long as the food is non-greasy and non-oily. They are hygienic and protect against moisture.
In short, vinyl gloves are recommended for anyone looking for a very inexpensive disposable glove for short periods of wear and who does not place a high emphasis on stretchability, fit and durability.
Even though vinyl gloves are a favorable alternative to latex or nitrile, vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch meet all important legal standards. You can rely on a reliable Franz Mensch standard:
- high quality vinyl
- High touch sensitivity
- tested as medical devices according to 93/42/EEC: EN 455, AQL 1.5
- food safe for non-greasy food according to 90/128/EEC and ISEGA-tested
- free from hazardous plasticizers such as DOP (dioctyl phthalate) and DEHP (diethylhexyl phthalate)
- Applicable in areas with low risk factor
Highlight product: Extra long vinyl glove
At 30 cm, the Ideal Long vinyl glove is the longest in the range. Your advantage: The disposable glove covers the wrist and parts of the forearm. This keeps your arms dry even in wet work environments and possible splashes.