Vinyl gloves have two distinct advantages: they are cheap and have good skin compatibility. Compared to other disposable gloves, they have a looser fit. Vinyl stands for the shortened name of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The material is latex-free, smooth and has a pleasantly soft surface.
Vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch
Vinyl disposable gloves are made of a latex-free, mouldable plastic. Vinyl is the abbreviated name for polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Vinyl gloves are ideal for anyone looking for an inexpensive glove who is willing to make small sacrifices in terms of fit and comfort. Vinyl is solid in its original form and especially completely free of latex. This makes vinyl gloves very skin-friendly. Important: Vinyl is not suitable for contact with fatty or oily foods.
At Franz Mensch you will find various vinyl gloves - always at the favourable manufacturer's price.
- white or blue vinyl gloves
- powder-free or powdered vinyl gloves
- Standard length or extra long with 30 cm for protection beyond the wrist
- all common sizes: Vinyl gloves in M, L, S, XL, XXL
- Price tip: Vinyl gloves Ideal Fit made of very light material and ideal if the gloves have to be changed frequently - the cheapest vinyl glove on the market
In summary: Properties of vinyl gloves
- latex-free and therefore very skin-friendly
- Very good value - ideal for a high demand
- Smooth, pleasant surface
- milky-transparent, slightly translucent look
- Suitable for non-greasy foods
- loose fit
- Less stretchy than latex or nitrile
- Less durable than latex or nitrile
Disposable vinyl gloves are made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC for short). PVC is a solid plastic that first has to be softened before it can be processed into gloves. So-called plasticisers (phthalates) are used for this purpose. Without them it would not work. Vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch, however, are deliberately free of harmful types of plasticisers such as DOP (dioctyl phthalate) and DEHP (diethylhexyl phthalate).
Vinyl gloves for food?
Yes, but not with oil and fat. The plasticisers contained are the reason why vinyl gloves are only approved for contact with non-oily and non-greasy foods. Fats could dissolve the plasticisers and contaminate the food. Therefore, vinyl gloves in the food sector are only recommended for non-greasy foods. For working with cheese, meat, sausage, fish, etc., it is better to use disposable latex or nitrile gloves.
Areas of application for vinyl gloves
Vinyl gloves are ideal if you consume large quantities of gloves thanks to their low price. Cheap vinyl gloves are easy on your budget if the gloves are changed frequently or only worn for a short time.
They are a very good choice in the following areas of activity*:
- Patient care and medical areas: The soft surface makes vinyl examination gloves comfortable for patients even when in contact with the skin.
- Kitchen: Vinyl gloves support hygiene when preparing food
- Sorting work: Vinyl gloves are useful when sorting food, as long as the food is non-greasy and non-oily. They are hygienic and protect against moisture.
In short, vinyl gloves are recommended for anyone looking for a very inexpensive disposable glove for short periods of wear and who does not place great emphasis on stretch, fit and durability.
Even though vinyl gloves are an affordable alternative to latex or nitrile, vinyl gloves from Franz Mensch meet all important legal standards. You can rely on a reliable Franz Mensch standard:
- high-quality vinyl
- High touch sensitivity
- Medical devices according to VO (EU) 2017/745, tested according to EN 455, AQL 1.5
- food safe for non-fatty food according to VO (EU) 1935/2004 as well as VO (EU) 10/2011
- free from hazardous plasticisers such as DOP (dioctyl phthalate) and DEHP (diethylhexyl phthalate)
- Some vinyl gloves are also certified as PPE CAT II for contact with chemicals*
Highlight product: Extra long vinyl glove
At 30 cm, the Ideal Long vinyl glove is the longest in the range. Your advantage: The disposable glove covers the wrist and parts of the forearm. This keeps your arms dry even in humid work environments and possible splashes.
*Please refer to the respective product information for the exact area of application as well as the claim of the gloves.