Hygienic disposable products for patient transport
When transporting patients in the ambulance or ambulance or taking them to hospital for examinations, hygiene and infection control is a very important issue. Therefore, there are special hygiene measures for patient transport. They ensure both the safety of the patient and the staff. In addition to the appropriate protective clothing and hand hygiene (disposable gloves!) Also include hygienic disposable products such as sheets or blankets. Franz Mensch is a hygiene specialist and offers a range of products that ideally complement your disposable items for transporting patients in hospitals, ambulances and retirement homes:
- Disposable blankets: warm patients during examinations or transports and prevent the body from cooling , available in different materials
- Disposable stretcher sheets : Protection for carry, lie or bed, absorb moisture on, different versions available
- Body bags: black zippered transport bag, very strong PP with PE coating , liquid-tight
When it comes to patient transports, one has to generally differentiate between two situations:
- scheduled patient transports within the clinic, e.g. when patients have to undergo an examination and need to be transferred from one part of the building to another. The transport can take place in a wheelchair or in a patient bed. For planned transports, the hygiene measures can be carried out accurately and in peace.
- acute patient transports are transports under stress, i. in emergency situations and in accidents. The patient is transported on a stretcher or ambulance. In acute transports, usually nothing is known about the pre-existing conditions of the patient, therefore all standard hygiene regulations must be adhered to.
Risk Categories for Patient Transports
Particularly in emergency situations, there is a high risk of infection - especially for the personnel in contact with the patient. Depending on the risk of infection, certain hygiene measures must be taken. To better protect staff and patients, patient transports are grouped into risk categories. The scale ranges from category A, no risk of infection, up to category D, very high risk of infection. For example, category D includes patients with very serious pathogens such as AIDS, Ebola or smallpox.
Disposable Hygienic Articles for Reliable Protection
Disposable products such as gloves, gowns, protective covers or patient blankets provide reliable protection against infection. They are among the standard protective measures that must always be adhered to - regardless of whether previous illnesses or infections are known or not. In addition, disposable products are easy to dispose of and are available immediately at hand. Especially in stress situations, disposable items are fast, reliable and particularly practical aids, e.g. when the emergency vehicle needs to be prepared for the next mission in a short time, or in accident situations when every second counts.