PE (Polyethylen) gloves by Franz Mensch
PE gloves are odorless and tasteless and very inexpensive. Polyethylene (PE) is a versatile thermoplastic material that is available in various densities:
- LDPE (soft PE) has a low density, is soft and very flexible.
- MDPE (Medium-PE, medium density) is extremely tear-resistant and puncture resistant.
- HDPE gloves (hard PE, high density) are very stiff and resistant to abrasion.
- TPE (thermoplastic elastomers) is very soft and very tolerant to hewing.
- CPE (cast polyethylene)is very strong, tear-resistant and particularly skin-friendly.
These disposable gloves are food safe and oil and grease resistant and are therefore particularly popular in the food industry.
The advantages of PE:
- very cheap
- odorless and tasteless
- environmentally friendly and easily combustible
The disadvantages of PE:
PE gloves are only suitable for low-risk areas and are only slightly resistant to chemicals.